From drab to fab in just one day!
My oldy moldy piece of green nastiness dresser went from FUGLY…
…to FABULOUS with just a few coats of paint and some crystal knobs.
All I had to do was:
1. Prime — with white paint (you should give it a light sand and then wipe the sheddings off after each round)
2. Paint — with gray paint. Give it 2-3 good, solid coats.
3. Paint — with a thin, scratchy layer of white paint with a coarse brush. Just lightly brush this on and use a rag to rub off excess paint of one area gets too much.
4. Sand — make sure to get the edges to create a quasi-distressed look atop the white washed look.
5. Add crystal knobs (from Home Depot) — if you’re in Houston try Bering’s for the best selection of crystal and colorful knobs.
After I let it sit out and dry for a couple of days, I placed it in my closet with a coordinating “crystal” lamp and I store all of my running shorts, bathing suits, and underwear in there!
I’m obsessed, aren’t you?