If you’ve never heard of the interior designer, Jonathan Adler before, don’t worry, you’re in good company.
Only recently have I stumbled across this design guru and all of his must-have-but-out-of-my-budget goodies for the home.
Some of my ultimate favs:
Kissing Giraffes Rug, $750.00
Peace/Love Pillow, $98.00
Utopia Elephant Lamp, $350.00
Leather Elephant, $650.00
Light Blue Nixon Full/Queen Duvet, $195.00
Slate Grasscloth Wallpaper, $135.00
One of the neat things about Jonathan Adler’s work is that every once in awhile, an entire room is priced out for you to buy together. Here is one such gem, Jonathan Adler’s “Modern Romantic” Bedroom:
And for a mere $16,668.25 plus shipping and handling, it can be yours.
Try this on for size instead. I mixed n’ matched a bunch of my favorite retailers and online vendors on Polyvore (a free online design website) and came up with a similar styled room based on JA’s fab design. This room definitely has a more “romantic” than “modern” feel, since that is more my style anyways. And as everyone knows, I love yellow and gray rooms. All of this for only $4,436.95. Let me know what you think!
1. Robin Staak Lamp, Stray Dog Designs, $350.00
2. Gray Damascus Mirror, Serena & Lily, $545.00
3. Queen-sized Fillmore Bed with Nailheads, Serena & Lily, $2,150.00
4. April in Paris print, Z Gallerie, $89.95
5. Lulu Chair in Tweed, Urban Outfitters, $429.00
6. Queen Labyrinth Dove Duvet Set, Dwell Studio, $280.00
7. Queen Bark Gobi Embroidered Sheets and Pillowcases, Serena & Lily, $220.00
8. Matchbox Nightstand, CB2, $199.00
9. Thomas Paul Swallows Flatweave Dhurrie Rug, Layla Grace, $174.00